Friday, January 25, 2013

Spring Flower Power Necklace

Having attempted to make a necklace for a themed competition for Bead Magazine about 15 times in the last week I think I finally have it. All of the pieces I've used in the necklace are pieces new to me so it was a challenge in itself deciding what was the best way to use them. I must have made about 3 trips to different bead shops and rummaged through everything I already had trying to put together the picture that was in my head when I read the theme title. But this is no where near what I though I would be making. It took on a life of its own and turned out better than I imagined.




Hopefully this piece will be chosen to be printed with some of the other entries in the next issue of Bead Magazine and should hopefully feature on their facebook page with all the other entries.

I picked up the small flowers from Yellow Brick Road, the large flowers from Beads & Bling, the seed beads from Totally Beads and the clasp is from Jiani Charms. Some things I had some I bought especially for the piece.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I hope too that your piece be chosen - Dita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful necklace, I love those lucite flowers!
    thanks for stopping in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love getting feedback on my posts.