Monday, April 21, 2014

My Jewellery in Bead and Jewellery Magazine

The wedding special of Bead and Jewellery Magazine is out which I have been waiting for for a long while. I applied to be part of the issues Bead Soup pages and made and sent off the pieces a long while ago. I made a bracelet, earrings and a necklace using the beautiful beads I was sent from Bead Stampede.




I'm not entirely sure why the necklace and earrings where photographed the way they are (the magazine does their own photos) but the necklace and earrings look very odd. All of those strands in the middle of the photo of the necklace should be with the bottom strand as it is a mulistrand necklace. The earrings should have the chain hanging down behind the beaded looped drop. The jewellery really isn't shown great in these photos which is such a shame because I am quite proud of the pieces I made. I guess I am a bit biased on how the jewellery looks in the pictures so hopefully others understand how they should look.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siobhán, it is certainly unusual to hear of a magazine taking less-than-perfect photos. I wonder if this was an editing mistake? There may have been a mix-up which resulted in the wrong pics being sent to press. Perhaps you could send an low-key inquiry if this seems atypical for this publication :( While I'm sure you don't wish to seem critical, I think it is perfectly normal for a published designer to expect high-quality photos of her work. Just one gal's opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say its some sort of oversight really as it is normally a very well done magazine. I was thinking of emailing tomorrow I need to check when I will be getting the jewellery back anyway so may just ask about the pictures then. I wasn't too happy with how the jewellery looked and didnt want to leave it off the blog completely so thought it was best to just speak about he issues I had because as soon as I posted the picture on my facebook with no comment I had a few questions over the way the pieces where displayed. Thanks for the comment Monique.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on being published again! I think the photos aren't the best, especially the necklace that looks upside down. There must have been some kind of mistake with them. I love the bracelet and the necklace as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love getting feedback on my posts.