Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Earring Tutorial: Gemstone and Linen Cord

I have been receiving a lot of compliments and questions about the earrings I made recently for the Bead Soup Swap so I wanted to put up a simple tutorial showing how I made my Labradorite earrings. For these ones I have used Labradorite and Rhodochrosite chips. 

What you Need:



Irish Linen Cord (2 x 5 inch lengths)
2 x Labradorite Chips
2 x Rhodochrosite Chips
A pair of silver plated studs


Step 1: Take a length of the Linen Cord and loop into the the stud earring making sure to keep one side of the cord shorter than the other. Secure with a knot.

Step 2:
Slide a Labradorite chip onto one end of the cord and secure with a knot. Now slide a Rhodochrosite chip onto the other side and secure with knot. Trim off any excess cord below the chips and secure with a dab of glue if needed. As I'm using waxed cord there is no need for glue here. 

And now enjoy wearing them. 


Let me know in the comments below if you have made a pair. Have you used a different cord or gemstone chip? All pictures and words in this tutorial belong to me so please ask before you use them anywhere else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love getting feedback on my posts.