Friday, July 11, 2014

Tagua Beads Jewellery

I have spent some time trying to decide what I wanted to make with the beautiful Tagua Beads I won from Ecuadorian Hands recently and today I finally decided on a few pieces. These beads are so beautiful and have such an amazing story that I didn't want to overwhelm any piece I made. I wanted them to be the sole focus of the pieces. Jewellery is so often a conversation starter and I know that these will definitely be the focus of a conversation. Here is a reminder of the beautiful beads I was sent. 



The first piece I made was a bracelet. I wanted something summery and beachy to show the mood of the lovely weather we have been having so I came up with this bracelet. It is simple and focuses solely on the beads. I used cotton cord to string them and as per my style I layered the multi-strands that have great movement and never stay in any particular spot. 



The second piece I made was a pair of earrings. When the beads first arrived my sisters loved the combination of the green and pink so I went with their choice and made a long dangley earring again solely focusing on the beads. The colours are so strong and bright I felt I didn't need to add anything here at all. I love the visible grain on the beads, its so pretty. 


And finally the third piece I made was a necklace. (I wanted to finish out a set) I made the chain using antique copper coloured jump rings and I made a pendant in a cluster type style. I hadn't used the round tagua beads yet so I wanted to get them in somewhere and this seemed perfect. I surrounded the tagua beads with white glass pearls again not wanted to loose the beautiful tagua beads in the piece. I think this one has become my favourite of the three pieces. 


I love these beads and cant wait to make more pieces using them which I'm sure you will see very soon. I just could't wait to share these pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love getting feedback on my posts.